We’re all in this together. The Staten Island Children’s Museum is committed to the health and safety of our visitors and staff. To ensure the safety of everyone and in accordance with the latest health guidelines from the City of New York, the following policies are in place:
MASKS ARE REQUIRED
Masks must be worn at all times by all individuals aged 2 and above, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status. If you or your child cannot wear a mask, we encourage you to check out our At Home with SICM page to experience Museum fun at home. We look forward to welcoming you back into the Museum when these precautions are no longer necessary.
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS REQUIRED
Visitors aged 5 and older are required to show proof they have received two vaccine doses, except for those who have received the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Those aged 18 and up, must provide a photo ID.
The only exception to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement will be for guests under the age of 5.
Guests may present proof of vaccination on paper or a smartphone. For example, New York State residents, or anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine in New York State, may present proof through the use of the Excelsior Pass.
Entry will be denied for guests who do not provide the documentation as required above.
We have also implemented the following changes to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- Offering timed ticketing to follow mandated capacity limits to ensure safe social distancing.
- Reduced the need for point-of-sale contact through advanced ticketing
- Instituted directional traffic flow in some exhibits and up and down only staircases to prevent close contact
- Replaced water fountains with touchless water bottle refilling stations
- Loose parts have been reduced or removed including wooden building blocks, plush animals, and costumes. Those that remain will either be disinfected or swapped out for previously disinfected items between each session.
- air ionizers and purification systems in our 10 air circulation units.
- touchless toilets and sinks in the 2nd floor bathrooms
- plastic divider at the front desk
- hand sanitizer in every exhibit and sanitizing wipes near high touch loose parts that still remain.
- the number of people allowed in each exhibit space, elevator, and bathroom per social distancing and building capacity guidelines. Please only enter a space once it is free.
- signs reminding visitors of social distancing and mask wearing rules
- the café