Staten Island Children’s Museum offers a variety of services to visitors in order to provide them with a wonderful Museum experience. A Visitor Services Manager is always available to assist visitors with any questions, needs, or concerns. Please consult the frequently asked questions below as you plan your trip.
- When is a quiet time to visit the Museum?
Weekday afternoons after 1:00 pm are quieter than mornings because camps and school groups visit in the mornings.
- Are animals permitted in the museum?
With the exception of service animals, animals are not permitted in the Museum.
- Do you have any special nursing facilities?
Nursing is welcomed anywhere in the Museum. There is a private nursing area in the Community Gallery exhibit located on the lower level near Sea of Boats.
- What are your cleaning procedures?
Staten Island Children’s Museum maintains hospital-level cleaning and sanitizing standards.
- Can the tent in front of the Museum be reserved for private functions?
- Can the Meadow in front of the Museum be used for gatherings or sports practices?
No, the Meadow is reserved for sanctioned Museum programs and activities and the use of Museum visitors.
- Can we bring food and drinks into the building?
Food can be eaten in our Snack Zone Café and in designated Snack Spots. Non-alcoholic drinks in resealable bottles are permitted. There are two water bottle refill stations available in the building, but no water fountains. There are picnic tables available outside.
- Do you have water fountains?
We do not have water fountains but we do have water bottle refill stations on the Lower Level (LL) near the Community Gallery and on the C Level near Block Harbor.
- Do you have a floor plan of the Children’s Museum?
Floor plans are available at the Front Desk and you can print or review one ahead of your visit by clicking here: Museum floor plan.
Visitors are encouraged to park in the lot accessible from the Fillmore Street Gate off Tysen Street. The parking lot is on the immediate left when entering the Snug Harbor campus. Construction within the campus will necessitate the intermittent and unannounced closure of some interior roads.
- Where are your restrooms?
Restrooms are located on the C Level near Block Harbor, the 2nd Level near the Walk-In Workshop as well as on the Lower Level (LL) near the Community Gallery.