STEAM on The Go is an initiative the Staten Island Children’s Museum (SICM) began in fall 2018 to broaden our reach in the community. We launched STEAM on the Go to connect to Staten Island families outside of our four walls while also providing the same educational, engaging and interactive programming visitors know to expect when visiting us.
As a show of good faith and community partnership SICM has reached out to local libraries and non-profits to loan out our traveling exhibit, the Rig-a-majig, to help build awareness of our museum and build on the STEAM initiatives most organizations are developing. The Rig-a-majig allows children to build simple machines while using their imaginations and fine motor skills. The concepts are open-ended and without formal instructions, allowing the young builders to let their imaginations soar and while creating their own original structures. Past partnerships include the Mariner’s Harbor, Port Richmond, West New Brighton, St. George and Stapleton library branches.
What we provide:
- A Rig-a-Majig traveling exhibit for up to 2.5 months
- SICM Educators lead a workshop there to engage visitors while also educating library staff on how to facilitate future workshops with the exhibit.
- Drop off and pick up of the traveling exhibit
- A banner displaying the logos of SICM and National Grid as our program funder.
- SICM literature + free admission day information
For more information or to book the STEAM on the Go Program and steam kits, please contact Zoe Tirado at email@example.com or (718) 273 2060 ext.173.